Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Assignment update, Feb. 25, 2009

Here's where we stand:

1. Anyone who didn't attend tonight's information literacy session at the library needs to talk to me (in person or via e-mail or phone) about making that up.

2. Anyone who attended the session at the library but didn't find his or her way back to the classroom afterward will be marked as absent. It is clearly stated on the course syllabus and I have repeated in class that missing more than one class session will negatively affect your course grade.

3. Anyone who has not yet turned in Essay #1, which was due tonight, must do so ASAP. I will not accept any late papers after next Wednesday. You may e-mail me papers, but I would prefer to get them in hard-copy form in my mailbox in C-209.

4. The readings due for next week are the short story "Neon Tetra" by Eric Puchner, which I handed out in class tonight, and two poems: "A Bird at the Leather Mill" by Joshua Mehigan and "Introduction to Poetry" by Billy Collins. (click the links to read the poems online). I did not have the "Literary Analyses" handout available in class tonight, so I'll distribute that next week and it will be due the following Wednesday, March 11.

5. March 11 is also the date of the mid-term test.

6. I have a suprise writing exercise in store for next week (March 4), so be sure to bring a pen and paper. See you then.

No comments: